You can avoid visiting a service point if you use Enter Finland to apply for an extended permit, Finnish citizenship or a new residence permit card
From now on, you may be able to avoid visiting a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service if:
- you use Enter Finland to apply for Finnish citizenship by application and your children are not applying at the same time; or
- you use Enter Finland to apply for an extended permit, a new residence permit card or a new residence card and submit the application from a new Enter Finland account (meaning that you apply online for the first time).
This expands the possibilities to avoid visiting a service point. Previously, avoiding a visit to a service point has been possible for customers who apply for an extended permit, a new residence permit card or residence card if they have had an Enter Finland account and have previously used it to submit an application.
Submitting your application through Enter Finland often saves you time and money. You can also track the progress of your application in your account.
If you want to avoid visiting a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service, you can do the following
- Log in to Enter Finland using your Finnish online banking ID, mobile certificate or citizen certificate; this is known as strong authentication.
- If you have created an account with an email address, change the login method under ‘My account’.
- If you do not have an Enter Finland account, create a new account using your Suomi.fi login.
- Select an application.
- Enclose a photograph retrieval code for your passport photo with your application. You will get it from the photo shop where you had your passport photo taken.
- If you are applying for Finnish citizenship, you do not need to include a photograph retrieval code.
- Pay the processing fee in Enter Finland before you send your application.
- Enter Finland will tell you if you need to visit a service point.
Did you have to go to the service point even though you used strong authentication? Visit our website to find out the most common reasons why you need to visit a service point even if you use strong authentication in Enter Finland.