Do not disclose any personal details in a phone call if you are not sure of the caller’s identity
We have discovered that some of our customers have received fake phone calls in which the caller is pretending to be from the Finnish Immigration Service. The caller may pretend to be working for the Finnish Immigration Service and try to acquire personal information about a customer or about the customer’s application or life situation.
Usually, the Finnish Immigration Service asks for any additional information from its customers in writing. If someone from the Finnish Immigration Service calls you, the call will be from a number that begins with 0295. We will speak Finnish, Swedish or English with you.
If you suspect that you have been targeted by a phishing attempt, please report the attempt to the Finnish Immigration Service as soon as possible. You have the right to report the offence to the police, too.
You can handle your matters swiftly and securely in Enter Finland
You can use our online service Enter Finland to fill in an application, to add the necessary attachments and to pay the processing fee using a secure connection. The online service is often a faster way to contact us than a phone call or email. An additional benefit is that Enter Finland is open 24/7.
If you have submitted your application online in Enter Finland, please use Enter Finland to send any additional information and documents, too. Log in to Enter Finland and add the documents to your application. Adding documents to your application in Enter Finland (youtube.com)
If you cannot use Enter Finland, use our Securemail service
If you email the Finnish Immigration Service, never send any personal information in a regular email without encryption. If you need to use email to send us a message or document that contains personal information, use our Securemail service to send us encrypted email. For technical and data security reasons, we will only open messages that have been sent through the Finnish Immigration Service’s own Securemail service.
How to use the Securemail service of the Finnish Immigration Service:
- Go to securemail.migri.fi.
- If you wish to change the language of the service, open the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the page and select the language you want.
- Write your email address in the field ‘From’. Click ‘Continue’.
- Register as a service user by clicking ‘Register’. If you have already registered using your email address, order a new link to your email.
- You will be emailed a personal link that you can use to send a message. The link is active for 30 days.
- Go to your email and open your personal link that you can use to send your message.
- On the page that opens through your personal link, write your message and attach documents if you need to. You can also choose to receive a read receipt when we have read your message.
- Click ‘Send’. You will see a confirmation stating ‘Message sent successfully’ when your email has been successfully sent.
- If you chose the option to receive a read receipt when you were sending your message, you will receive an automatic read receipt to your email when we have opened and read your message.
Please send your message only once. This will speed up the processing of messages. We process emails in the order that they arrive.