Now you can apply for the renewal of your residence permit card on Enter Finland
Do you need to renew your residence permit card or your residence card for a family member of an EU citizen? Now you can complete the application form to renew your card using the Enter Finland online service.
You can find the form on the home page of Enter Finland under “Choose an application below”. Select “Renewing residence permit card or residence card”.
This is what you should do:
- Log in to your Enter Finland account or create a new Enter Finland account.
- Find the application form “Renewal of residence permit card or residence card for a family member of an EU citizen” and complete it with care.
- Pay for your application via Enter Finland. You can also pay for your application when you visit a service point.
- Submit the form in Enter Finland.
- Use the appointment system to book an appointment at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service for proving your identity.
Save time by applying online
When you submit your form in Enter Finland, you no longer have to give your details when you visit a service point to prove your identity. In addition, you can save even more time by paying for your application via Enter Finland.
You must normally visit a service point within three months of submitting your application in the online service Enter Finland. The time limit for proving your identity has now been extended until 30 April 2021. For more information, please visit migri.fi/en/handling-matters-during-the-coronavirus-epidemic.
When can I apply for the renewal of my residence permit card?
If you have a permanent residence permit, apply to get your residence permit card renewed before your current card expires.
If you have a fixed-term residence permit, you usually only need to apply to get your residence permit card renewed if you have misplaced your card, or if it has been stolen or damaged. When your residence permit is about to expire, do not apply for a new residence permit card. Instead, apply for an extended permit.
For more information on how to renew your residence permit card, please visit migri.fi/en/renewal-of-a-residence-permit-card.
For more information on how to renew your residence card, please visit migri.fi/en/residence-card-and-its-renewal.
You can apply for the renewal of a residence permit card or residence card only in Finland.